What Kind of Information Does Tervis Collect?
Tervis collects the personal information you provide us in connection with your purchase transaction, such as your name and telephone number. We also collect and maintain records and history about customers' purchases and product preferences. If you pay by credit card, debit card or check, you provide us with your account information. If you return merchandise or request a refund or exchange, you provide us with your personal information. Also, when you register or create an online account with us, sign up for e-mail, contact Customer Service, participate in our surveys, enter our sweepstakes, contests or other promotions, or send us feedback or submissions, you are providing us with your personal information. Tervis does not collect or transit any camera or video/audio data, we only provide the ability to take a screenshot within the mobile Tervis app.
How Does Tervis Use My Information?
When we collect information from you, such information may be used for one or more of the following reasons:
- process and complete your purchase transaction
- identify your product and service preferences so that we can notify you of new or additional products, services and promotions that might be of interest to you
- improve product offerings and customer service
- notify you about new services, features, promotions and special offers that Tervis thinks you will find valuable
- respond to your inquiries
- measure the advertising effectiveness of our online and other advertisements and offers
- customize the advertising and services you see
- conduct research
- help us understand Website activity and improve your use of our Website
- collect aggregated site-visitation statistics
- help us prevent fraud and minimize credit risk
How Does Tervis Use "Cookies"?
We and some of our third-party service providers use "cookies". A "cookie" is a small text file written by an Internet server to a Website user's browser where information is exchanged between them, and which is stored on a computer's hard drive to allow us to recognize and track users on our Website to assist us in providing our customers with a productive online experience. Cookies enable us to store information about your use of our Website, such as the areas you visit and the length of your stay. Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies and can be reset by using the 'Help' portion of the toolbar to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent. Should you choose to disable any cookies associated with the Website, you will not be able to take full advantage of all the Website's features, but you should be able to navigate the Website without difficulty.
Does Tervis Share My Information With Third Parties?
Your information may also be transferred as an asset in connection with a merger or sale (including any transfers made as a part of an insolvency or bankruptcy proceeding) involving all or part of Tervis or as part of a corporate reorganization, stock sale or other change in corporate control.
Is My Information Safe With Tervis?
Protecting your personal information is important to us. We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology to protect your online order information as it is transmitted over the Internet. SSL is a proven coding system that lets your browser automatically encrypt, or scramble, data before you send it to us. To support this technology, users must have an SSL-capable browser. While we use such sophisticated security technology to secure users' ordering information, user name, and password, we cannot guarantee that any electronic commerce is totally secure.
To check the security of your connection, look at the lower left-hand corner of your browser window after accessing the server. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock (depending on your browser), then SSL is active. You can also double-check by looking at the URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from 'http' to 'https.'
If your browser or firewall doesn't support SSL, you will not be able to connect to the server, which means you won't be able to mistakenly place an order through an unsecured connection. If you cannot access the secure server for any reason, please place your order by phone at 1-866-886-2537.
How Do I Opt-Out From Tervis Email?
You may opt-out of receiving promotional email from us by doing one of the following:
- If you originally signed up for Tervis email, please return to the email sign-up page, and complete the 'unsubscribe' entry field and click the "Unsubscribe" button. Please be sure to use the same email address as that which you used to sign-up. Otherwise it may not be possible to comply with your request.
- If you have received an email from Tervis, you can follow the opt-out or 'unsubscribe' instructions provided in your e-mail.
How does Tervis Protect Kids' Privacy?
We are concerned about the safety of children when they use the Internet and will never knowingly request personally identifiable information from anyone under the age of 18. Users of the Website must be at least eighteen years old. If a child has provided us with personal information, that child's parent or guardian should contact us at CustomerCare@tervis.com to delete such information from our records.
Changes to Our Policy
- Send us an email message at CustomerCare@tervis.com
- Call us at 1-866-886-2537
- Write to us at:
Tervis Tumbler Company
201 Triple Diamond Blvd.
North Venice, FL 34275